"Always have a Vivid Imagination, for you never know when you might need it." -J.K. Rowling

Monday, October 10, 2011

Possibilities

I'm on a train bound for Chicago and just did some Google research on new markets for my story. I actually stumbled upon some great sites that list magazines willing to pay for the submissions they accept. I wrote down some of the possibilities, but will have to go through all of their guidelines more when I'm home tomorrow. It seems like a lot of them won't take simultaneous submissions, so I'll have to weigh my options about which to send it to first. A few even have set reading periods that are almost up, so that further complacates the decision.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I'm off from work, so I'll use that chunk of time to be productive. Once I've researched the markets on my list, I can send the story to my choice. Then I'm free to try to finish the draft of the story I'm currently working on, "Drawings on the Wall".

No comments:

Post a Comment