"Always have a Vivid Imagination, for you never know when you might need it." -J.K. Rowling

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Productivity Strikes

I've tried to start this month off on a productive note. Today I did some market research in order to find a home for a fantasy story that I had finished awhile ago. I had some magazines in mind that I wanted to submit the piece to, but as luck would have it- the submission deadline for all of those places were over and the reading period had closed. So I spent a few hours with my laptop and Google and found a few other promising publications that might be good homes for my story, "Enchanted Land".

I settled on Clarke's World Magazine, and submitted my story. This is the first time that the story's been sent out since it was rejected from Reflection's Edge. So now it's time to keep sending it out until someone gives it a permanent home.

After my fairy story was sent off into cyberspace, I decided it was time to do something else productive. Ever since my last semester, I've been wanting to make business cards that I can give out for people to contact me, and today I finally ordered them. It took me a few hours to decide on the correct design that would go with my brand image that's in effect with my website, but after some work I made cards that I'd be proud to hand out to any new contacts I meet.

Now all I have to do is wait around to hear back about my submission and wait around for my cards to be mailed to me. The business cards should be here in about two weeks, and according to Clarke's World's website, I should hear back with their decision within a few days. They don't take simultaneous submissions, so I have to hear back from them before I shop it around some more.

In the mean time, I'm going to put this productive mood towards working on another story that's been in the works.

Fingers crossed for "Enchanted Land"!

No comments:

Post a Comment